Saturday, March 12, 2011

Rock Star Baby

Ever since Rock n Roll couple Gwen and Gavin introduced the world to their bundle of joy Kingston, I have had an itch to create a rocker themed baby basket. Fortunately for me, my dearest and closest friend decided to design her new baby boy's nursery in rock star colors Black and Red. Although I am familiar with the popular pattern houndstooth, I never considered anything other than checkers for a rock and roll theme. Suddenly I was at a stand still because everything I have every seen in the houndstooth print just seemed so posh and classy and I was struggling to find my skater boy inspiration at the site of any houndstooth item. I have an obsession for personalization so I decided to create my own version of houndstooth rocker style. I started with none other than paper of course. I have a borderline unhealthy obsession with paper and when I found this red houndstooth wrapping paper during the holidays, I couldn't be more than thrilled. Instantly I was headed in the right direction and it seemed as if this project was going to be a piece of cake. Then suddenly, my houndstooth wrapping paper became my only find for days...then weeks....then months. Suddenly two weeks until the big day, I realized I had nothing in hand but wrapping paper. I guess it was back to diaper cake basics for this gift. I felt a loss of creative juices and refused to settle for an ordinary cake that I started to take long walks around some of my favorite shops until I mustered up some sort of inspiration for this gift basket. Suddenly I decided to take the musical route and create a drum, fill it with a few baby essentials and call it a day. The only problem with my fabulous idea was me and my insane need to incorporate my fabulous houndstooth find. Finally with moments to spare, I have completed a personalized and unique gift basket for Rock and Roll baby Chris. Hidden inside the drum are a few baby  boy outfits fit for a musical protege. In order to expand on my fascination for the houndstooth print I created a baby wipes holder clutch, pacifier keeper, pillow, and baby burp cloth. My favorite part of the basket is the Baby Wipes Clutch which every mom needs!  To be honest, I don't own any houndstooth pieces, but I think my home will be filled with houndstooth after this little project. 




No comments:

Post a Comment